from £22,000 + Study
Key purpose of the role:
To manage the day-to-day requirements of the Finance function by ensuring that all property related financial issues are correctly accounted for.
- Ensure that financial information reflects the Property Department’s understanding of the business.
- Attend Property Team meeting to understand current issues / changes in property portfolio.
- Maintain adoptions and remeasurements of leases under IFRS16.
- Seeking continuous process improvements.
- Ownership of the Rates process, from reviewing third party funding request to posting associated journals.
- Monthly processing of rent, service charge, insurance, and subtenant journals.
- Support property accountant with identifying and highlighting risks and opportunities based on property information and communicate this to management on a timely basis.
- Respond effectively to information requests from the business.
- Liaise with the property department on day-to-day issues impacting on the company to ensure that our information reflects their understanding of the business.
- Collate information for the preparation of the annual insurance renewal and corporation tax pack.
- To cover other Finance related disciplines as required.
Key Skills and attributes required
- Demonstrates good attention to detail.
- Appreciates the need for audit quality accounting.
- Pro active / demonstrates initiative.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues.
- Objective, maintains unbiased approach and displays integrity at all times.
- Good communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences). Confident and persuasive communicator, adapting style to suit situations.
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
- Good team player.
- Maximises opportunities for improvement.
- Provides appropriate solutions to problems.
- Early stages (ACCA / CIMA) or final stage AAT looking to continue with professional studies.