My Newton Aycliffe based client is looking for a Stock Controller to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have experience within a Stock Controller position. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s stock levels meet business needs. Your duties will include working with the buyer to replenish stock levels when necessary, monitoring incoming shipments and managing internal transfers between virtual departments within one business to ensure the right stock is available at the right time in the right sales channel to maximise sales.
· Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock.
· Track shipments and address any delays by communicating with the commercial teams in good time for alternative plans to be constructed and delivered.
· Moving stock to virtual warehouses to ring fence items for specific customers and launch events to prevent over selling.
· Maintaining all virtual warehouses on the ERP system to ensure that we maximise sales after specific events are finished.
· Coordinate regular inventory audits with the warehouse to ensure we minimise the risk of overselling.
· Investigate and remedy with the warehouse team any issues with over selling.
· Maintaining the financial accuracy of purchase orders are closed off after goods are receipted.
· Implementing or improving processes and procedures.
Person Requirements & Skills:
· Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
· Working knowledge of inventory management software ideally Oracle
· Active participation in inventory audits.
· Good commercial sense and sales-oriented.
· Sound analytical and organisational skills.
· Ability to work well with suppliers, customers and other team members
· Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
If this role is of interest, please click apply or for further information, contact Katie Kendall in the Northallerton office.
Given the large number of applications we receive, if you haven't received a response from us within 7 days, we regret to inform you that your application was not successful.