Bookkeeper, Part Time, Salary Negotiable, Harrogate
We are currently recruiting for a client within the events industry who are looking for a candidate who has a great knowledge of Sage Accounts V27 and Iris Payroll with preferably with 5 years+ experience and who also has experience in credit controller duties and can also assist with cashflow forecasts, budgets and planning.
The role would primarily involve the day-to-day upkeep of the accounting records for a small group of companies and therefore knowledge of the following duties is required:
• Posting bank and reconciling transactions
• Upkeep of The Sales Ledger (posting and reconciling balances)
• Upkeep of the Purchase Ledger (posting transactions, reconciling and if necessary, contacting suppliers for disputed items)
• Quarterly Vat return work (including having some knowledge of Making Tax Digital)
• Processing journal entries including payroll journals
• General overview and maintenance of the accounting records to a high standard
• Credit control including liaising with clients in order to maintain the clients’ budgets and payment schedules
• Assist with cashflow forecasts, budgets and future planning
• Processing pay-runs and upkeep of payroll records, Iris Payroll
• RTI submissions to HMRC
• Processing and maintaining auto-enrolment records with the pension provider (NEST)
This role is for 12 hours a week with flexibility on the hours worked. This is an office based role however, the client is open to remote working.
Previous experience is essential for this role.