Financial Controller, Skipton, £35-40,000
Are you a management accountant looking to take your next step? IF so this would be an excellent opportunity to work in a new role for a small team providing support to a diverse rural and hospitality focused business.
• Part or fully qualified
• Management Accountant with the ability to oversee the finance function.
• Ability to support a team.
• Ideally knowledge of Sage and Xero
• Knowledge of the wellbeing market advantageous
• Be a flexible self-starter keen to be involved in all aspects of the business.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and annual budgets.
• Monitor the accounts and budgets and ability to discuss variances and react to these.
• Accounting and bookkeeping.
• Monitoring of the cashflow position against budgeted spending and reporting.
• Manage the sales ledger for the hospitality business.
• Assist the Finance manager with analysis of all projects.
• Monitor all capital expenditure against budget and report on progress and any overspends.
• Assist with the environmental grant application and monitoring process.
• Assistance with preparation of the annual accounts for review by the external accountants.
• Preparation of detailed long term financial projections.
• Hold regular meetings with heads of departments to assess the financial performance.
• Identify cost saving opportunities and implement efficiency savings.
• Support and cover of the bookkeeping and payroll functions where necessary.
• Be the utilities contract manager and take a lead on the procurement process.
In return you will be offered:
• Access to facilities on site such as pool, wellness activities
• On-site parking
• 30 days holiday including bank holidays
• Idyllic work location
• Hours of work 9-5pm
To find out more about the role call Nicola on the office number or to apply email in your CV.