Assistant Accountant, £24,000, Harrogate
We are currently representing a company located in Harrogate who offer a rewarding and fun environment to work in.
The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the Management Accountant supporting them in a wide array of accounting tasks, from sales reporting to ledger maintenance, bank statement & balance sheet reconciliations and expenses processing. You will have direct accountability for the expenses system, Amazon Seller account, receivables finance accounts and the fixed asset register.
• Prepare and send bi-weekly sales reports detailing sales vs budget/forecast at a region, channel and customer level
• Prepare a monthly Amazon Seller reconciliation to accurately reflect all sales, receipts and stock movements
• Prepare daily bank reconciliations for current accounts in multiple currencies
• Reconcile receivables finance debtors for each region
• Complete store cash reconciliations, liaising with retail managers to resolve queries
• Process bank payments in multiple currencies for suppliers, payroll and expenses
• Maintain and own the fixed asset register, additions, disposals and depreciation postings
• Prepare month end prepayments
• Process and pay expenses in line with company policy
What you require:-
• A level of IT literacy that enables you to analyse and interrogate data using Excel
• Experience of an ERP accounting software system (Sage X3 ideal but not necessary)
• Experience of preparing bank and receivables finance reconciliations
• Proven ability to work independently and manage both routine (daily, weekly, monthly) and ad hoc tasks
• A desire to learn and develop within an accounting role
In return you will be offered discounts on company products, 33 days holiday and a company that invests in its employee’s. There will also be an element of homeworking.