Senior Management Accountant, £38,000, Harrogate based
Due to expansion our client is looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join their finance team. The role will require someone with strong analytical skills, a good understanding of control environments, attention to detail and a focus on achieving deadlines. An approach to continuous improvement and the ability to harness a working environment which encourages teamwork, energy and creativity are a must.
- Manage a team operating within strict deadlines
- Responsible for the submission of monthly management accounts within contractual deadlines.
- Responsible for the submission of Balance sheet lead schedules within contractual deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring P&L and Balance Sheet queries are responded to
- Responsible for assisting in the delivery of a successful budget process and delivering the clients
annual Property Budgets within agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing and completing the client’s Controlled Self-Assessment monthly report
- To ensure Standard Operating Procedures and controls are maintained.
- To review and implement new processes to deliver reporting and administrational efficiencies.
- To develop detailed and ongoing variance and trend analysis on all properties, to include utilities and
Council Tax, this will include interaction with the operations team at all levels.
- To review all financial activity to ensure that value for money is being achieved for the client.
- To ensure internal Financial Audits are completed at the client’s properties
- To support with the client’s Annual Statutory Audit.
- To support and maintain best practice with regards to GDPR compliance.
- To be committed to continuous improvement within the finance department and reporting.
- Support on ad-hoc tasks and reporting.
- To keep up to date with industry initiatives to enable best practice to be adopted at all times.
- Strong financial, analytical modelling and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with spread sheets and financial programs.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously, maintain composure in high pressure situations and maintain objectivity, focus and good judgment.
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the production of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Excellent problem solving ability
Experience and Qualifications
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA finalist or fully qualified Accountant with 2-3 years of Management Accounts experience.
- In depth knowledge of finance computer software with Navision preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business, various benefits offered with a competitive salary.