Purchase Ledger Clerk, £20-22,000, Harrogate Town Centre, Free Parking
Purchase Ledger Clerk required at this long established firm based at their Head Office in Harrogate Town Centre. Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Manager you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the purchase ledger in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Using the Dimensions system, open new supplier accounts with correct paperwork and terms agreed.
- On a daily basis, match, batch and process a high volume of supplier invoices.
- Through liaison with the depots, chase for authorisation of invoices.
- Review of aged creditor balances and aim to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- General maintenance of the Purchase Ledger system ensuring accuracy of information stored in the system.
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to all matters concerning Purchase Ledger.
- Reconcile supplier statements with ledger.
- Production of weekly payment runs.
- Dealing with supplier and colleague queries.
- Processing and verifying staff credit card expenditure, identifying the correct VAT and posting to the correct cost centre. It is the postholder’s responsibility to chase and obtain all missing receipts supporting credit card expenditure from the cardholder or relevant manager.
- Help maintain Company accounts to be efficient and compliant with audit requirements.
- Provide cover during the absence of any other team member within the Purchase Ledger department.
- Filing and general system housekeeping.
- Raise purchase orders when required.
- Ad hoc Purchase Ledger project work as defined by line management.
- Any other task assigned
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
Previous experience within Purchase Ledger is essential for this role and ideally you will be fully or part AAT qualified. In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus statutory and free parking.