Payroll Administrator, £20-25 dependent upon experience, Ripon
We are currently recruiting for a client based in Ripon for either an experience payroll administrator or senior administrator.
The role is to process and administer payroll data on behalf of the Business (circa 4500 employees), ensuring all payrolls are processed in line with deadlines. To provide a customer focused service which supports the long term vision of the HR Shared Service Centre. To work with a team of colleagues to ensure the accurate administration and processing of Company payrolls, and offer a payroll customer service to all employees of the Business.
• Process, administer and input information for all aspects of the payroll cycles up to and including BAC’s payment and costing files
• Ensure that payroll data is accurate and maintained in accordance with processes and procedures in the Payroll system
• Administer change of Terms and Conditions of Employment, salary increases and personal details changes, accurately and efficiently
• Collate and load absence data to ensure that statutory payments are made and recorded
• Ensure close working relationships with all HR Shared Service Centre Teams
• Provide a pro-active and positive customer service to support the overall HR Shared Service Centre KPI’s
• Effectively and positively deal with queries from Managers and Employees in relation to payroll matters – these will be escalated from the HR Customer Services Team through the case management system
• Action and input all legislative documents for payroll, where relevant (or ensure that the EDI process is run), including P6, P45, P46, court orders, tax credits, student loans
• Ability to complete all requests for information such as mortgage requests, DSS etc, in an accurate and timely manner
• Any other tasks as allocated by Payroll Co-ordinator or Payroll & Benefits Manager, to ensure the smooth delivery of payroll to our customer base
• Issuing of ad-hoc letters – high level of literacy and written communication
• Ad-hoc involvement in Project work and system upgrade User Acceptance Testing as required
• Ensure all filing is up to date, and documents scanned as per the WebNow Scanning processes
Processing of Pensions Data – pension starters, leavers
Previous payroll experience is not essential as full training will be given however you would have a strong administration and customer focused background and be able to work in a busy environment.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour week, 23 days holiday increasing to 25 after 2 years plus bank holidays, free parking, discounts on selected retail stores, pensions scheme and cycle to work scheme.