Finance Manager/Controller, £40-60K dependent upon experience, Ripon
We are currently recruiting for a well-established client in the construction industry who have a need for a Financial Controller to manage their accounts function in Ripon.
Reporting to Directors this is a pivotal varied role requiring commercial acumen to make meaningful contributions in a fast-moving SME environment. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with credit control experience for a SME business.
Job responsibilities to include:
• Management and production of Management Accounts
• Credit control and financial planning for business
• Ensuring all balance sheet accounts and fully reconciled
• Project accounting and supporting monthly application/invoicing process
• Recommend, and implement improvements relating to systems, processes and procedures.
• Preparation of external audit, tax requirements and statutory reporting
• Responsible for VAT returns and compliance
• Liaise with the customers and suppliers, as well as all areas of the business
• Manage a small finance team taking responsibility for all functions, including the day-to-day banking, purchase and sales ledger.
• Supporting the operational side of the businesses
• Commercial reviews/support for large construction projects
Skills and Experience required:
• Ideally fully qualified although QBE will be considered
• Ideally experience within the construction industry
• Have previous experience of overseeing and mentoring or supervising staff
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Strong IT skills
• Excellent organisational skills and an eye for accuracy and detail.
• Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
• Able to take initiative and provide high quality support to all parts of the group
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience looking for a new challenge.