Do you have Commercial Buying experience and looking for your next challenge?
My Newton Aycliffe based client is looking for a Commercial Buyer to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for purchasing quality products and materials. You will quickly build a strong relationship with suppliers and negotiating the best price, quantities and delivery timescales. Aling with processing requisitions and updating management on the status of orders and updating inventory and managing stock levels.
· Identifying the organisations global purchasing needs.
· Calculating product margins, gross profit, and discounts.
· Identifying quality standards and ensuring that all products meet those standards.
· Arranging transport of goods and tracking orders to ensure timely delivery at the most economical cost for the business.
· Understanding the target market and analysing trends, to make informed buying decisions.
· Monitoring the stock quality and escalating any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
· Delivering reports on sales data, marketing activity and other metrics to the senior management team and other stakeholders.
· Conducting competitor research and liaising with internal Product Development team.
· Coordinating with warehouse and commercial teams to manage incoming stock effectively.
Person Requirements & Skills:
· At least 3 years relevant experience in a Senior Buying role.
· Commercial awareness and interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating.
· Financial and accounting knowledge for calculating margins, gross profit and discounts.
· An understanding of supply chain management and logistics.
· Analytical skills including maths, IT, spreadsheets and presentation software.
· Experience of an ERP system ideally Oracle
· Strong attention to detail.
If this role is of interest, please click apply or for further information, contact Katie Kendall in the Northallerton office.
Given the large number of applications we receive, if you haven't received a response from us within 7 days, we regret to inform you that your application was not successful.