We are recruiting for an established business in Thirsk who are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant.
This will be a pivotal role in supporting the Finance Manager and wider accounting function within the business.
The Accounts Assistant will assist with the maintenance of financial records, the processing of income and expenditure, purchase of goods and services and the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the execution of their duties.
- Assigning invoices to the correct nominal codes & processing of invoices on the SAGE accounting system.
- Matching of invoices and purchase orders on the SAGE accounting system and dealing with any queries or discrepancies as they arise.
- Reconciling of supplier statements on the SAGE accounting system & ensuring that any missing invoices are requested
- Dealing with incoming emails and answering the telephone when required.
- Creating of letters and generation of customer statements on the SAGE accounting system.
- Posting supplier payments to the SAGE accounting system and ensuring that balances are correct and accurate.
- Filling & Archiving of Invoices, purchase orders & credit notes.
- Generation & distribution of reports on the SAGE accounting system
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Finance Manager & Senior Management Team.
What we need from you
- A formal Accounting qualification is desirable (AAT or above)
- Organisation & Efficiency
- IT & Numerical Skills
- Communication & Teamworking Skills
- Ability to handle responsibility
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to constantly meet deadlines
- Experience of SAGE or similar accounting systems an advantage but not essential
What you will get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Modern offices and working environment
- Employee benefits schemes
- Rewarding and supportive team
If you are interested in this opportunity then please don't hesitate to apply now!