Site Safety Officer (Ref: 18851)
Site Safety Officer, Leeming
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Site Safety Officer with relevant experience to join a growing business within the food industry.
To be considered, you should be a self-starter, flexible with lots of initiative and ability. You will be influential, decisive and able to demonstrate good judgement with a high degree of self-assurance and confidence.
Reporting to the UK Health & Safety Manager your role responsibilities will include:
- To prepare a site health and safety plan for the year based on site, strategic and legislative needs
- To prepare and maintain Job Safety Analysis for each role onsite
- Record Near Miss reports and liaise with relevant departments to action the improvements required in order of risk rating and priority in a timely manner.
- To carry out Risk assessments as required by legislation and other bodies on tasks, equipment and job role
- All risk assessments are reviewed an updated within timescale set
- To regularly audit and inspect each department/area for health and safety compliance
- Compile and manage a Non-conformance database to reduce Non-conformances, analysing the data to highlight areas for improvement, driving actions plans to complete
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health and safety training requirements for all staff in line with legislative and strategic business requirements.
- Develop health and safety standards to IS0180001 level
- Prepare health and safety reports as required
- Carry out weekly site compliance audits of all departments on a rolling schedule and report on the findings at the time of the audit.
- Attend the daily review meeting.
- Lead and coordinate a site Health and Safety Champions group, with daily interaction, coaching and educating to drive awareness and improve near miss reporting
- Assist in the annual audits of site, so that compliance meets the target set for weekly/annual compliance
- Control H&S spend on compliance items and PPE in line with the budget set.
- Effective management of health screening in place complying with working time directive & sickness prevention, occupational health concerns or issues are risk assessed and actioned
- Liaison with service providers/contractors to provide third party compliance testing and full review of RAMS/Method Statements.
- Ensuring all compliance checks are in place with certificates and records are up to date and auditable
- Liaison with local and national HSE authority, managing non-compliance or site visits.
- Assist UK H&S Manager in ensuring the TOP TEN risks to the business for your site are managed to “Green” Status
Ideally you will be qualified in a suitable Health & Safety subject with the relevant time served practical experience and skills in the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience within a site H&S role for a manufacturing company
- NEBOSH General Certificate – essential
- Experience working within manufacturing (food production is desirable)
- Passion for Health and Safety
- Experience driving a culture change in health and safety
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong personality / very hands on
- Ability to influence at all levels and to all stakeholders from factory floor upwards
In return they will provide a competitive salary depending on experience, company pension scheme, Death in service x2 annual salary, Performance-based annual bonus scheme, Uniform/PPE, Excellent working conditions, subsidised staff restaurant.