3D CAD/CAM Technician (18774)
3D CAD/CAM Technician, Thirsk area
Due to sustained growth and increasing order sales, a business in the Thirsk area is recruiting for an addtional CAD/CAM Technician to join their business.
This is an office based position where you will provide technical support to their Operations Processing teams
- Review sales enquiries to support generation of quotes for work
- Develop and manage CAD / CAM models
- Support Operations Processing Team production
- Offline laser programming using CAD / CAM software
- Develop production time estimates for sales quotes
- Design customer models using 3D CAD
- Document version control for drawings & models
- Efficient nesting of parts from stock material
- Working with production to develop production schedules and KPI reporting
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required (competence permitting).
- Experience of document management systems and version control.
- 3D CAD / CAM experience. (Experience of Adige systems beneficial)
- Solidworks experience is essential
- Artube for programming the laser machines would be highly desirable
- Ability to read technical engineering drawings and develop parts from them
- Be able to work under own initiative.
- Be a brilliant team player
- Good standard of education
Due to their location, own transport is required.
Hours: 8.30-5pm Monday to Friday