My client, one of the fastest-growing construction companies within the North-East, is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to join their technical team at their Bishop Auckland site.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary technical team, the Structural Engineer will play a crucial role in the delivery of technical solutions, acting in support of developing a new cold rolled steel frame brand, balancing commercial, technical, and mentoring responsibilities.
- Development of a bespoke steel framing system and supporting development of specialist metal cladding systems.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality solutions and the seamless sharing of information with the other discipline teams
- Management of product development plans and project resources
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposals
- Representing the company in liaising with clients, architects and other design team members
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships through successful project execution
- Develop talent by coaching and mentoring less experienced staff and supporting their technical career development
The company is open to varying levels of experience and skill, but the ideal Structural Design Engineer will:
- Be degree qualified in Structural Engineering or an engineering-related field
- Have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role (5 - 10 years' ideally)
- Have experience using AutoCAD and be familiar with relevant design software include Revit and Tekla
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the design and specification of building structures to relevant standards and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of structural calculations used in the design process