Software Developer, Richmond, North Yorkshire, £25-£35,000
A software, hardware and servicing solutions business is recruiting for a Software Developer to help shape their global service and create high quality creative software solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and further your career with a well-known and respected company in the oil and gas industry. Helping maintain our existing products and develop new product features, you will also be expected to analyse customers’ requirements and implement effective solutions.
Their technology is used in over 100 countries and their customers is at the heart of everything they do. Initially you will be working on an exciting project liaising remotely with their overseas team, where you will be part of an Agile development environment , predominately using the Angular and Java/ Spring frameworks. You will also get involved with other projects further down the line with the research and development and finding solutions to improve their technology
Working within a small team you will report directly to their Software Development Manager based at their Richmond office. There may be some travel to and work from clients’ sites and overnight stays, with opportunities for occasional international travel.
- Has a positive can-do attitude with an appetite for continuous learning
- Can work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Has an interest in learning more about their products and third-party products
- Is committed to delivering a high-quality service and is proactive in looking for opportunities for exceeding customer satisfaction
- Is organised with the ability to co-ordinate and follow through on tasks
- Has great communication skills, both verbally and written
- A relevant higher education or degree qualification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of software development
- High level of numeracy, preferably qualified in a science, mathematics, or engineering discipline
- Ability to travel within the UK Europe and internationally (UK Driving licence required)
Although not essential, you might also have some experience of:
- Python, Django
- Unit testing, TDD
- Perforce Source Control
In return you can expect a competitive salary, flexitime and some hybrid working
25 days paid holiday, increasing to 30 days after 10 years’ service
Health and Wellbeing programme of events and initiatives
Company bonus scheme
Opt-in private health care scheme
Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme and Free parking
Opportunities to travel outside of the UK (depending on role)
You will also be supported and given opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills within the industry and your specific field of work.