£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
My client are a successful Engineering company are offering stable and lucrative career in their machine shop.
They require a Shift Manager who will lead a small team of technicians and workshop engineers and enjoys being “hands on.” You should have a background in multi axis CNC machining with Fanuc and/or Heidenhain control systems. It would be desirable if you also have QA/QC Inspection experience using a CMM and Faro Arm.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice, production engineering, planning, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Drive continuous improvement (CI) activities, in quality, cycle times, process improvements, machine availability, and reduction in downtime.
- Ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions are being applied
- Develop and maintain project plans to ensure milestones are being met
- •Motivate and support the team to operational success
- Manage and oversee the finishing functions
Skills and Background:
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing processes as well as Engineering and technical information
- Engineering management experience
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- CNC machine programming Fanuc and/or Heidenhain
- Experience of QA/QC Inspection using CMM and/or Faro Arm
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally have Lean or Six sigma
Hours of Work:
- Average 38 hours per week
- 21 day - 11.5 hour shift cycle – 3 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 6 off, 3 days and 1 off.