Service Manager -office based (Engineering), £55,000
An established business in Harrogate is recruiting for a Service Manager to oversee their global installation and maintenance program for their medical devices.
This is an office based position, reporting to their Chief Operations Officer, you will set up and manage their service contracts, software upgrades, maintenance and service & repairs.
- Planning, set up and execution of their machine maintenance and service
- To manage a global support team/network to provide industry leading machine performance through maintenance and service.
- To be responsible for customer satisfaction requirements
- Responsible for the management of installation, pro-active and preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair services to customers
- Provide technical support to customers both before and after the installation of the machines.
- Provide troubleshooting support to their field team, liaise with manufacturing and quality/regulatory teams
- Participate in the development of employee and customer training/education programmes. Prepare study material, plan, organise and conduct training to customers in collaboration with the Sales force
- Design and implement service insurance plans to derive a revenue stream
- Plan and execute effective service support through distribution networks
- Liaise with manufacturing to plan and organise provision of spare parts to support service and warranty procedures
- Set up, maintain and operate systems to support service operations including machine / spare part location and status
- Support marketing and sales in the introduction and market release of new products
- Coordinate and liaise with the field sales and clinical support to provide highest level of customer support and satisfaction
Internal and administrative
- Work with Quality & Regulatory Managers to set up & monitor product performance related issues
- Report product performance related issues in a comprehensive, complete and timely fashion.
- Report immediately and accurately all negative customer or product related events (e.g., customer feedback, product and legal issues and risks etc).
- Maintain accurate records to reflect the support and repair history of equipment serviced or repaired
- Carry out all administrative duties and all necessary reports in a timely and diligent manner, provide minimum, but regular activity reports to General Manager
- Align support programs to strategic plan and business objectives
- 3-5 years’ experience in servicing equipment or sales support for a manufacturer or biomedical technology manufacturer
- Knowledge of the commercial medical marketplace would be preferable
- Ideally a degree in Engineering, electronics or bio-medical engineering, Life-science, Biology or another relevant, advanced degree
- Project management experience
- Proven systems experience (SAP or other ERP/MRP system)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- IT literacy
- Full UK drivers licence
- Occasional overseas travel is required