We are currently working with a Harrogate based company who are looking to appoint a Senior Management Accountant into their team.
The role requires someone with strong analytical skills, a good understanding of control environments, attention to detail and a focus on achieving deadlines. An approach to continuous improvement and the ability to harness a working environment which encourages teamwork, energy and creativity are a must.
- Manage a team operating within strict deadlines and segregation of duties to comply with standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the submission of monthly management accounts within contractual deadlines.
- Responsible for the submission of Balance sheet lead schedules within contractual deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring P&L and Balance Sheet queries are responded to within contractual timescales.
- Responsible for assisting in the delivery of a successful budget process and delivering the clients annual Budgets within agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing and completing the client’s Controlled Self-Assessment monthly report within agreed deadlines.
- To ensure Standard Operating Procedures and controls are maintained.
- To review and implement new processes to deliver reporting and administrational efficiencies.
- To develop detailed and ongoing variance and trend analysis on all properties, to include utilities and Council Tax, this will include interaction with the operations team at all levels.
- To review all financial activity to ensure that value for money is being achieved for the client.
- To ensure internal Financial Audits are completed at the client’s properties within the agreed timescales.
- To support with the client’s Annual Statutory Audit.
- To support and maintain best practice with regards to GDPR compliance.
- To be committed to continuous improvement within the finance department and reporting.
- Support on ad-hoc tasks and reporting.
- To keep up to date with industry initiatives to enable best practice to be adopted at all times.
Skills (includes Key Competencies)
- Strong financial, analytical modelling and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with spread sheets and financial programs.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously, maintain composure in high pressure situations and maintain objectivity, focus and good judgment.
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the production of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Excellent presentation skills, attention to detail and ability to complete tasks.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate and engage with personnel across the company and with the client’s reporting teams.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to the comapany and its work.
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance, confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consulting as appropriate.
- Ability to manage the delivery of detailed work.
- Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances.
Experience and Qualifications
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA finalist or fully qualified Accountant with 2-3 years of Management Accounts experience.
- In depth knowledge of finance computer software with Navision preferred.