Senior Legal Cashier, £30-35K, Harrogate
Due to growth we are currently recruiting for a legal firm looking to appoint a Senior Legal Cashier to assist the Finance Manager and provide competent, accurate, and timely and an efficient accounts service. The role will also involve complying with statutory and professional obligations with regards to the keeping of client ledgers and all financial Records.
You will be providing support to the accounts team and other employees regarding all aspects of the accounts processes, policies and regulatory requirements. Also to assist the Finance Manager and Board of Management in managing financial performance through good credit control and WIP Management, and the provision of accurate, timely and appropriate management reports. During Finance Manager's absence the role will also require to act as the Accounts Office Manager.
Key Tasks/Job Responsibilities
- Support the Finance Manager to manage the activities of all accounts staff.
- To operate the office and client bank accounts in accordance with the SAR and practice policies.
- To reconcile the office and client bank statements against the cashbook and ledger entries in the computerised accounts system daily.
- To work safely with online banking system and to take all possible steps to ensure the security.
- To ensure that appropriate, accurate ledgers and records are kept of all receipts, payments and other transactions and are up-to-date at all times.
- To operate the office petty cash account.
- To assist all staff with general accounts enquiries and produce appropriate reports when required.
- To ensure that the Firm complies with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and all of its other regulatory obligations with external bodies at all times.
- To report any potential none compliance issues to the COFA or COLP immediately
- To receive and check supplier invoices, and prepare appropriate payments for authorisation using a variety of methods to ensure payments are made before deadlines.
- To maintain and develop a full understanding and working knowledge of the Firm’s accounts system and relevant management information systems.
- To assist in the development of systems, information and communication resources to work in the most cost effective way comparable with delivery of a quality service to clients and staff.
- To support the management of overdue accounts
- To assist the Finance Manager in the production of accounting and management information, to promote the achievement of financial targets across the firm.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the production of end of month reports together with other financial reports as required by the Board of management.
- Assist the accountants with their SAR audit, to ensure transparency and a clear understanding of any breaches that have may have occurred when required to do so.
Previous experience as a Senior Legal Cashier is essential for this role along with strong excel skills. You will be offered a competitive, 23 days holiday and a good working environment. This is a full time role however for the right candidate reduced hours will be considered.