Our client, a leading renewables company based in Billingham, are looking to appoint a Senior Estimator to their team.
The Senior Estimator will play a vital role in supporting the proposals and estimating function within the commercial team. Working closely alongside Commercial, Engineering and Operations departments, assisting the acquisition of new work and preparing proposal documents.
The main requirements of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health and environment regulations.
- To interact and become a key member of the commercial management team providing a quality service to support and manage the effective delivery of infrastructure tender proposals.
- Develop an accurate value for complex infrastructure tenders from Wind Farm Integration Campaigns, Decommissioning of Large Offshore Structures, civils schemes ready for review and agreement with the Senior Management Team
- Deliver reliable, accurate construction project cost analysis, prepare cost plans, quotations, program schedules, accurate scope of work documents amalgamated from various sources, produce the first management cost reports for awarded works and KPIs for upcoming projects.
- Manage all stages of the tendering process in a timely manner from receipt of enquiry through to the internal review and return of completed tenders for relevant projects to clients.
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires and quality statements.
- Producing bills of quantities and schedules of rates from drawings and specifications.
- Producing enquiry documents for subcontractors and materials to ensure best value is achieved in the estimating process whilst liaising with the Procurement Manager.
- Carrying out comparisons and analysis of third-party quotations for inclusion in tenders.
- Attending meetings with clients, sub-contractors, senior management, and other team members.
The ideal candidate will also hold the following skills:
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Time management and planning with high attention to detail.
- Ability to engage with clients, colleagues, and multiple stakeholders, forming effective relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Methodical approach.
- Strong problem solving.
- Be able to communicate effectively with site teams and managers.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- A BSc in a relevant degree (such as construction management or engineering) from an internationally recognised and accredited university.
- A minimum of 10 years post chartered experience (Beneficial)
- Recent previous experience (within last 5 years) as an Estimator with a background in major civils and offshore infrastructures or wind projects.