I am working exclusively with a Thirsk based client who is looking to recruit a Secretary to join their team on a Part Time, permanent basis working 22 hours per week. The role is based out of their Head Office in Thirsk and is a short walk from Thirsk town centre.
To be considered for the role excellent clerical skills is a must, and experience in taking minutes. You will be speaking with clients so an excellent telephone manor and being personable is essential. You will be required to provide secretarial and administrative support and prioritise your workload.
Duties will include;
- Providing secretarial and administrative support as necessary, including producing and circulating the agenda and minutes
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Dealing effectively with enquiries and complaints from members and others or refer them to the appropriate person
- Maintaining an office diary of events and ensure that it is acted upon
- Maintaining an efficient manual and computer filing system
- Setting up the mailing distribution
- Ensuring that all office procedures are kept up to date and re- issued when appropriate
- Taking responsibility for personal development and compliance with policies and procedures
- Performing any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- High level of accuracy and consistently meeting weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise capable of working alone and taking the initiative where necessary
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service focussed