We are currently representing one of the UK's largest manufacturing subcontractor companies. Specialising in precision fabrication solutions for a variety of industries, supplying some of the biggest names in each.
Due to a period of extensive growth the company are looking to add a Quality Technician to their team on a 6 month fixed term contract, the candidate will be expected to work within a dedicated Inspection Office carrying out a variety of inspection tasks.
The ideal candidate will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Produce first article inspections and PPAP documentation for prototype parts
- Generate & maintain quality records for non-conforming products
- Investigate internal rejections & carry out the appropriate processes in order to eliminate or reduce these issues
- Work alongside other departments to ensure that quality concerns are raised at the earliest stage
- Ensure the compliance with quality obligations to ensure the customers are receiving the best service from the company
The candidate will hold the following skills & experience
- Experience working as part of a quality team in a sheet metal fabrication environment
- Experience working within rail, aerospace or defence industries would be an advantage
- Competent in the use of basic measuring equipment
- Experience using a FARO measuring arm would be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T's