The main purpose of this role is to supervise the Purchase Ledger team whilst managing and maintaining the businesses PL in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Act as the key point of contact for the Purchase Ledger department
- Supervise the Purchase Ledger team, providing daily guidance and development for purchase ledger staff members
- Deliver annual appraisals for PL staff members and undertake reviews and developmental meetings with any team member as and when
- Prepare fortnightly cash flow forecast for Group Financial
- In conjunction with Group Financial Controller develop and report periodic KPl's and month end purchase ledger reporting.
- Open new supplier accounts with correct paperwork and terms
- On a daily basis match, batch and process a high volume of supplier
- Through liaison with the depots, chase for authorisation of
- Review of aged creditor balances and aim to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- General maintenance of the Purchase Ledger system ensuring accuracy of information stored in the system.
- Liaising with suppliers and depot personnel in relation to all matters concerning Purchase
- Ensure supplier statements reconciliations are prepared and
- Production of weekly payment runs
- Manage and address supplier and colleague queries.
- Processing and.verifying staff credit card expenditure, identifying the correct VAT and posting to the correct cost It is the postholder's responsibility to chase and obtain all missing receipts supporting credit card expenditure from the cardholder or relevant manager.
- Help maintain Company accounts to be efficient and compliant with audit requirements.
- Provide cover during the absence of any other team member within the Purchase Ledger
- Filing and general system housekeeping . Contribute to keeping the office environment
- Raise purchase orders when required using the POP
- Any other task assigned by supervision for which the postholder is qualified and experienced to undertake.
- Ensure that Group Financial controller is kept updated with issues that require escalation and resolution
- Attend staff meetings and training as
HOURS OF WORK:
Normal hours of work are 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch and there is the opportunity for hybrid working with 1-2 days at home and 3-4 days in the office. The postholder may be required to occasionally travel to other Company offices/locations.