Purchase Ledger Supervisor, Salary up to £29,200, Wetherby
We are currently working with a well-established manufacturing business located in the Wetherby area who are looking for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor. This is a forward-thinking employer that invests in their people and offer a friendly culture.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Services you will supervise and support the effective operation of the Purchase Ledger function.
• Oversee invoice processing and the satisfactory resolution of invoice queries
• Ensure all invoices are entered to finance system upon receipt
• Control, audit, and reconciliation of the database
• Check and authorise sterling and currency supplier payment runs
• Ensure all supplier account statements are reconciled and queries addressed
• Approval of amended accounts and check trading terms are in line with agreed policy
• Ensure statutory returns are submitted and paid within set timescale
• Cash reporting and forecasting
• Ensure that all payables systems and procedures are up to date and accurate
• Month and year end responsibilities including production of creditor analysis
• Managing and monitoring team performance
• Accounts payable supervision experience
• Attention to detail and strong numeracy skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Accounts Payable processes and procedures
• An understanding of Inland Revenue rules
• Knowledge of VAT legislation
• Experience of systems change / development / implementation projects
This is a great opportunity to work for a company who invest in their employees and are well established in their industry. The role is office based with excellent benefits offered.