Our client are a successful electronic manufacturer with fantastic growth plans in place for the future. They have offices in the UK, Dubai and Finland, with the role being carried out from the UK Base.
They are looking to add a talented Project Support Engineer to their team to assist the wider Engineering Team with incoming work from a variety of different clients.
The role itself will consist of the following duties:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings with an understanding of applied tolerances
- Working with DXF, Stp Files & 3D Models (Solidworks Software)
- Supporting in ensuring products are compliant with Customer specifications and Industry Standards
- Creating BOMs (Bill of Materials) , stock codes, routings within Teknoware ERP (Lean) system
- Control and implementation of new products through the NPR / Gateway process
- Control Customer & Internal changes through the BCN (Business Change Notice) process
- To support Engineering Team, Supply Chain Manager and Production Manager & Team Leaders on project related activities
- Manage workload and meet agreed deadlines
- Support problem solving activites (5 Whys, Fishbone, Root Cause) to ensure robust corrective and preventaive actions are in place
The ideal candidate will be able to show some, if not all of the following qualities:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings with an understanding of applied tolerances.
- Knowledge of CNC programming, Punch Press, Press Brake operations an advantage
- Interfacing with Customers and Suppliers
- Mechanically Design biased and has knowledge of 3D CAM Software, CNC programming.