Our client, a successful family run Engineering company are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop.
They are looking to add a Production Manager to their senior leadership team, working directly alongside the Managing Director supporting the Production, HSE and Quality processes throughout the facility.
The main duties of the role will consist of the following:
- Ensure the Production Support Department/Production Support Manager have all job packages prepared and ready for the machines ahead of production. Including programmes, job documentation, tooling packages, fixturing and work holding.
- Ensure that Shift Managers & QA Inspectors achieve company plan so that all planned orders achieve customers’ delivery dates. Ensure that all labour is allocated and working efficiently.
- Ensure material stock, QA equipment, and tooling stock controls are operating effectively and the necessary stock checks are completed.
- In cooperation with the HSE manager ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and all employees are working in accordance with Risk Assessments and in a safe environment. Implementation of ISO 18001 & 45001.
- Leading the departments and managers to identify and implement new working practises, streamline existing ones, including developing and implementing training programmes.
- Review and implement best working practises for all production related departments.
- Set up KPI’s to gauge Production, Production Support, QA , HSE, Logistics, Maintenance, CPD and Purchasing departments performance in all areas.
- Represent the company at events and exhibitions as required.
- Report to and meet with the Directors on a quarterly basis to set up company targets and review the company’s performance.
Hours 45.5 hours per week:
Monday - Thursday 7am – 5pm and Fri 7am – 3pm