Our client is a world leader in the research, development, and production of bespoke systems.
The company provides enough structure to ensure the safety and integrity of their products, and enough freedom to make a tangible difference to colleagues and customers alike. They are a global company with offices in the UK and USA with a distribution network across each continent.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Engineer for their site based in Stokesley, North Yorkshire.
- Provide reactive production support to the manufacturing team improving product quality and fault find technical issues to help achieve delivery targets.
- Prioritise workload to ensure effective balance of reactive and proactive problem rectification.
- Lead internal infrastructure projects highlighted by business strategy and departmental objectives.
- Work alongside the Product Engineering team to achieve departmental targets and KPIs.
- Take an active role in data collection, root cause analysis and non-conforming product dispositions. Liaising with suppliers to improve product quality when required.
- Engage with, and encourage the use of continuous improvement tools and champion lean manufacturing throughout the Operations Team.
- Have a proactive approach to Identifying areas of improvement in manufacturing processes with regards to quality, cost and days to manufacture.
- Establish an understanding across a large portion of the company product portfolio, developing manufacturing knowledge on legacy products.
- Work alongside Project teams, assisting in new product introduction (NPI) projects and strategic continuous improvement projects with the Operations Team.
- Have a proactive approach to personal development and an interest in new manufacturing technologies relative to the company.
- Build a strong rapport across the operations team, training best practices for key processes.
- Observe manufacturing processes and develop detailed and accurate work instructions, introducing new technology to improve manufacturing processes.
- Highlight and create business cases for cost down projects and engage involvement throughout the production team.
Qualifications and Training
- Degree / HND Qualified in a relevant subject
- 2 Years+ Electrical / Electronic Practical Production Engineering Experience