Our client, a leading renewables company based in Billingham, are looking to appoint a Planner to join their team.
The Planner will be responsible for compiling & updating planning schedules/programmes for both internal and external purposes.
The key responsibilities of the Planner will be:
- Compliance with all HSEQ legislation.
- Producing high level programmes from our clients/projects, outline brief to form an integrated management programme fully resourced, covering all aspects of the product life cycle, ensuring sufficient detail to assist in the interpretation of project target costs.
- Maintaining quality feedback loops to continuously improve product accuracy, quality, and communication on all levels to ensure complete information loops from the shop floor to management.
- Responsible for preparation, implementation and monitoring of a multi-disciplined works programme, utilising bar charts, ‘S’ curves and histograms in conjunction with the primavera ‘P6’ Project Management or planning related software, as is deemed necessary.
- Monitoring and coordination of the differing stages of integrated management programmes, advising both management and the project teams of programme risks, opportunities, and recovery plans when necessary.
- Maintenance and development of various computer orientated/paper-based production/planning control systems (MPS).
- Liaising with the Project Managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise.
- Preparing and presenting information for internal meetings on the project, when required.
- Liaising with clients/external contractors in a timely manner responding to requests and queries.
- Working with the QS and Estimating dept to assist with tenders
The ideal candidate will hold the following skills:
- Candidates must have experience using P6, Microsoft Project and/or Fastrack.
- Must have a background of within a planning or senior planning position.
- Knowledge of planning and reporting techniques.
- Ability to analyse performance data to recognise trends and implement development plans.
- Must be capable of working to deadlines.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain compelling relationships.