Payroll Officer, £23. 500, Knaresborough
Our client based in the charity sector is looking for a Payroll Officer to be Responsible for providing a professional and responsive payroll service to employees across the charity by adhering to policies and procedures and statutory requirements, ensuring accurate payment every month.
Duties of the role:
• Ensuring a prompt and efficient payroll and pension service
• Input payroll data such as new starters, leavers, statutory entitlements, charity entitlements, contract changes, overtime, unpaid leave, tax codes and 3rd party information into payroll software for an external payroll provider to process.
• Review and ensure accuracy of monthly timesheets and exception reports to extract information into the monthly payroll data.
• To support the completion and submission of all annual returns to HMRC and pension providers
• Maintain and review records of entitlements for employees across the charity such as SMP, SSP, OPL, SAP
• Process absence data on a monthly basis e.g. sickness absence, bereavement leave, in line with HR policies
• Be main point of contact for all employees and external providers regarding payroll queries.
• To create and maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on payroll procedures.
• Review, generate and prepare reports and analyses when required.
• Maintain payroll and pension files in accordance to GDPR.
• Undertake additional finance duties to support the team when required
• Previous payroll experience is essential
• Strong IT skills including excel
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team player
• Experience within a charity would be advantageous
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, nice working environment, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, 38 hour week.
If you have previous payroll experience and looking for a new challenge get in touch today.