HR Advisor, part time 20-22 hours per week, £27,000 pro rata, Harrogate Town Centre
We are recruiting for a part time HR Advisor for our client who are an award-winning charity providing flexible person-centre care, support and companionship for everyday life, housing, learning and employment.
The role is to provide a proactive operational HR service to manager and employees, across the full range of HR activities including recruitment, HR case work and their learning & development programme.
• Advises on Employee Relations issues and proactively manages the HR Caseload, dealing with disciplinary and grievance hearings and any subsequent appeal panels
• Advises others on HR issues including TUPE, redundancy and employment contracts & promotes good practice
• Supports the workforce dealing with HR queries
• Assists in the review and development of HR policies, procedures & guidelines
• Participates in the organisation’s wellbeing group
• Supports the recruitment and on-boarding processes
• Able to write and present reports as required
• Able to pass on HR knowledge in either one to one or group settings
• Works with the Learning & Development team, to ensure the programme of training is delivered effectively, presenting relevant training sessions
• Liasing with recruitment advertisers and agencies, negotiating best rates and optimising response rates, developing advertising campaigns
• Coaches, supports and when required, appropriately challenges managers in the use of HR policies and practices
• Participates in and supports the planning and organising of a range of complex activities such as change management, workforce planning, redundancy and transfers of staff covered by the legislation of the Transfer of Undertaking(Protection of Employment) Act (TUPE).
• Educated to Degree level (desirable not essential)
• ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) or equivalent
• CIPD or equivalent - Level 7 preferred, Level 5 essential.
• Knowledge of software packages: Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• UK Driving Licence
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company going through a period of modernisation and change. Get in touch now to register your interest and for a full JD.