My client, one of the fastest-growing construction companies within the North-East, is looking for an experienced Maintenance Operative to join their technical team at their Bishop Auckland site.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary maintenance team, the Maintenance Operative will be responsible for various repairs across the facility ranging from hand tools to large coil press machinery.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Work safely by carrying out safe systems of work, isolation of equipment prior to investigating faults.
- Seek guidance and instructions when unsure of how to address maintenance and breakdown activities.
- Carry out maintenance on all plant and equipment
- Carry out oil checks on plant / equipment
- Lubricating and greasing equipment in line with PPM requirements
- PAT testing
- Repairs to hand operated power tools and production air tools. Hydraulic and pneumatic systems, mechanical drive trains, service and trouble shoot on all plant and equipment, guidance will be required.
- Forward thinking offering suggesting on plant modifications to enable a more reliable plant operation.
- Operate cherry picker and scissor lift for high level building work repairs (upon successful training).
- Undertake internal and external training in line with maintenance activities.
- Ensure workshop areas are kept clean and tidy
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work at height.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage projects.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- HNC qualification is desirable