We are currently working on behalf of a fantastic client looking to recruit a Legal Secretary.
They are based in Ripon and are looking for someone motivated and driven to join their team.
• Copy and audio typing of letters, file notes, Wills, LPAs and some conveyancing forms
• Use of case management system to progress matters
• Opening files and preparing client care documentation
• Ensuring that matters are progressed as quickly and accurately as possible
• Dealing with incoming post as delegated by the fee earner
• Recording all correspondence including emails on the case management system
• Carrying out practical steps to progress a file as delegated by the fee earner and dependent on the experience of the secretary (including where appropriate drafting Wills and LPAs and Probate documents)
• Requesting searches and insurances from our agents
• Ensuring that the outgoing post leaves the office on time
• Taking telephone calls on behalf of the fee earner and assisting callers wherever possible
• Dealing with financial aspects of the files including drawing echits for money in and out as appropriate
• Preparing files for archiving and bringing them to the attention of the fee earner; ensuring that these files are signed off and sent to the receptionist for archiving off the system
• Keeping the fee earner’s files tidy and in good order
• Ensuring that filing is up to date
• Any other tasks as reasonably delegated by the fee earner or within the practice including providing cover for other secretaries and reception as and when necessary
The role is Monday – Friday and is paying up to £21,000 DOE. Free parking.