£20,000 - £22,000 per annum
My client, a successful Engineering company offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require an Industrial Cleaner and Handyman to keep their factory clean and work areas clean in accordance with health and safety risk assessments.
With an estimated total cleaning of 4 hours per shift and the remainder of the shift will be spent undertaking other semi-skilled activities to support production.
- Cleaning factory floor and green walkways.
- Cleaning toilets, changing room, eating and public areas
- Cleaning exterior of cranes, girders and handrails below 2m
- Cleaning industrial machinery including CNC machine clean downs and emptying swarf bins
- Cleaning - emptying bins into the appropriate recycling skips
- Cleaning - keeping yards and external areas clean and safe for access and egress
- Semi-Skilled – have current Fork Lift licence and preferably also a MEWPS licence
- Semi-Skilled - packing finished goods for delivery
- Semi-Skilled - painting, grinding, sawing and finishing work
- Semi-Skilled – any other activities you can be safely deployed on
- Semi-Skilled – current driving licence – occasionally may be asked to take/collect goods to and from suppliers or customers
Skills and Background:
- Previous industrial cleaning is essential preferably in a CNC machining environment
- Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have current Fork Lift licence and preferably also a MEWPS licence or be capable of obtaining them
- Have current driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Current Driving Licence
- Fork Lift and MEWPS licences
Hours of Work
- 38 hours per week
- 16:00 - 02:00 Monday to Thursday