We are currently working alongside one of the largest, privately owned truck dealerships within the UK who are looking to add a HGV Technician to their team in Billingham.
Ideally you will be apprentice trained Technicians to Level 3 (C&G, NVQ or equivalent) with electrical experience to complement their current staff in the Service & Workshop team. However would also consider light vehicle trained technicians looking to switch.
To be successful within the role you should be able to display the following skills/attributes:
- Good HGV technical knowledge ensuring repairs are carried out to manufacturer’s procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to undertake fast and accurate fault diagnosis using diagnostic equipment
- Complete safety checks and prepare vehicles for MOT's
- Ability to participate in breakdowns
- Skills to follow company processes for completing all paperwork including accurate completion of job cards and service records
- High levels of customer service
- Ability to work with the Parts and Service Reception Team in a professional manner
- Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
The company currently work on the following shift patterns:
- Week 1 - 6.00 am - 2.30 pm (Monday - Friday)
- Week 2 - 1.30 pm - 10.00 pm (Monday - Friday) plus Saturday 7.00 am - 2.00 pm