Finance Manager, £40-45K, outskirts of Knaresborough
A new position has arisen to an increase in business levels for a manufacturing firm working alongside the Finance Director whilst supporting the rest of the Finance Team. This is to work with a well-established finance team providing support, covering team members in their absence, working on projects set by the Finance Director and helping with implementing changes. This is a very hands on role seeing the process through from beginning to end.
This role would suit someone who is recently qualified.
- Creating and inputting journals
- Accruals and prepayments
- Producing management accounts reports and schedules
- Investigating margin and overhead variances
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- VAT Returns for several companies within the group
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Write reports in Excel to pull date through from SQL
- Help develop and improve cost system and processes
- Support all the finance functions
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience within the manufacturing sector and costing systems would be advantageous
- High Level of IT Skills
- Sage 200 and use of SQL desirable
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or nearly essential
- Working knowledge of tax corporation tax desirable
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, working hours 8-5pm Monday to Thursday, 8-4pm Friday with an hour for lunch, 21 days holiday plus bank rising after 5 years’ service.