Finance Manager, £40-45, Harrogate/Knaresborough, Initially you will be based from the Goole office
We are currently recruiting for a company who are expanding so looking for a Finance Manager who is able to adapt to change and grow with the business as they development. Working within the senior management team you will be helping to expand the company’s presence into mainland Europe and beyond, with responsibility for ensuring the smooth operation of the finance function of the business.
Looking to add value to the company, whilst supporting and supervising a small finance team whose primary role will be to maintain the Sage 200 accounting system in a fast-moving environment.
- Manage, monitor and mentor a small finance team
- Support the preparation of budgets, forecasts and other financial management reports
- Prepare year end accounts with external auditors
- Ad hoc reporting for the Managing Director and/or Senior Management Team
- Liaise with external IT and third party accountants
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts with Commentary
- Ensure integrity of control accounts
- Run key reports in Sage which will support the preparation of the management accounts, including inventory report, sales reports, inventory by warehouse, aged debtors report, aged creditors report
- Daily monitoring of banking transactions for the business’s GBP, USD and Euro bank accounts
- Prepare monthly payment runs for the Managing Director to authorise.
- Bank account reconciliations
- Liaising with Bank Managers
- Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Reconciliation of supplier statements each month when they are received against Sage 200
- Ensure that requests for credit notes are posted promptly
- Attend monthly sales ledger and purchase ledger review meetings
You will have previous Financial Management experience, fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA professional accounting qualification or part qualified. Previous use and knowledge of the SAGE 200 Operating System. The ability to adapt to change is essential for this role whilst being able to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines in a fast-paced environment