Our client, an established business in Stockton-on-Tees, is looking for an Finance Assistant to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced business in their finance department. Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for VAT returns, payroll and month end.
- Ownership of company bookkeeping procedure
- Purchase and Sales ledger input and control
- Nominal ledger input and journal entry
- Daily bank entry and reconciliations
- Assistance with Month End Management Accounts Procedure
- Quarterly VAT return submissions
- Preparation of monthly payroll (Sage) (c. 30 employees)
- Credit control
- Ad hoc administrative support to company management team as required
- Good working knowledge of excel
- Willingness to learn / understand existing operating system and its integration with company’s financial software (sage 50)
Person Specification: Passion for accounts with a keen eye for attention to detail. Must have a logical mind and ideally working towards AAT qualified, or qualified by experience. Knowledge of Sage 50 would be beneficial.