A well established business in Darlington is looking to add a Finance Assistant to their team, in what promises to be a varied role with a good scope for progression for the right person.
This role has come about due to expansion of the business, and is a full time position. They envisage the position to be 'hands on' with the day to day finance and administrative requirements for the department as well as being involved in reforming how the business operates.
For the right candidate, once the main job responsibilities are met comfortably there are future
areas that the role can progress into and beyond.
Main current systems: Xero, Teams, Excel, Word & Outlook
Finance – Supporting FD:
- Sales invoicing ownership
- Additional / adhoc items
- Collections liaison (not responsibility) – Potential progression area
- Purchase orders from cleaners/ area manager mostly materials
- Purchase ledger
- Liason with external payroll company
- Adhoc projects to FD (there will be plenty)
Wider business support:
- Site pack collation
- H&S liaison including RAMS/ COSH – Training to be provided
- Recruitment assistance for area manager (not interviewing) job adverts/ CV screening
- Light stock control
- Answering the main company telephone (shared responsibility)
- DBS checks
- Employee contracts/ personell files
- Holiday cover area manager – Training to be provided
- Adhoc requests from Area Manager/ MD
Future responsibilities for the right person:
- Division analysis for contracts vs payroll
- IF line reconciliation
- Involvement in the annual price review
- Pricing involvement
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a a successful team and build on your experience, working beneath a supportive and experienced Finance Director.