Fencing Contract Manager, West Midlands, £40,000 pro rata & car/allowance
6 months contract, possibly with extension
You will manage the fencing project and ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and to their standards. This a site (Birmingham) and office based position as well as options to WFH.
To be considered you must be immediately available and have fencing experience
- Manage and implement cost controls
- Agree budgets Ops manager/Commercial Manager prior to contract commencement
- Prepare for and attend meetings of the larger client accounts
- Agree weekly income expenditure forecasts with Line Manager.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for all health and safety matters including implementation of H&S policies, procedures and their communication throughout the fencing department
- Responsible for making sure that all method statements, risk and COSHH assessments are in place and being followed by staff.
- Assist commercial team with tenders, especially the larger projects
- Complete site surveys and assemble and deliver quotations for new and additional works.
- Assist with Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and attend post tender presentation
·Exploit opportunities for added value to existing customers through additional works, value engineering, operational efficiencies and other means.
- Significant experience in the fencing industry.
- Technical knowledge of fencing standards, specifications, installation techniques, Inspections and testing, interpretation of drawings.
- Familiarity with the UK fencing supply chain.
- Must have full clean driving license
- CSCS card holder
- Minimum SMSTS preferred.
- Experience with appropriate Sector Scheme qualifications desirable.CSCS FISS qualifications an advantage.
- Must be a highly organised individual and effective time manager
- Must be IT literate with advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be good with people and an effective communicator
·Must be capable of working in a high paced environment where response times are critical in the service industry