Our client, a well established engineering solutions company are looking for a Facilities Operative / Handyman at their site in Billingham.
Reporting into the Facilities Team Supervisor, you will be accountable and responsible for the day-to-day provision of Janitorial and Handyman services at the site.
- Provide Facilities Operatives planned and responsive Janitorial tasks and Handyman tasks including the direct liaison between IRIS and Client to establish required Scope of Works. Ensuring the timely completion of tasks to the highest standards of service provision.
- Health & Safety – Attend Tool Box Talks, assist Supervisor to review H&S requirements of all tasks responsible for. Complete tasks safely as described within applicable Risk Assessments & Method Statements or ‘Take 5’ Pre-Task Risk Assessment.
- Proactively check all facilities during works for damage and report to IRIS Helpdesk for repair.
- Ensure continuous development of processes in line with customer demands and legislation.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing for IRIS, FDBK staff and visitors.
- Coordinates holidays with Supervisor in a manner that does not negatively impact daily functions and Client requirements.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Delivery of works such as:
- Office moves
- Equipment & Machinery relocations within capabilities
- General site waste and recycling collection
- Confidential waste collection
- Production waste collection
- Waste electrical and electronic equipment
- Bio-hazard waste
- Solvent waste
- Tidying of the site
- General maintenance works
- Work in an organized manner, problem solving within the scope of the position.
- Identify, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors, and to develop processes.
- Communicate effectively in person, on telephone and by electronic means.
- Effective use Microsoft Software, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have Counterbalance Forklift Licence or experience for retraining.
- Must have Full Driving Licence.
- Preferably - IPAF (MEWP & Scissor Lift) & PASMA (Mobile Scaffold Tower).