Estimator, Boroughbridge, £competitive
Reporting to the Bid and Estimating Manager, you will ensure all bids are priced competitively and in accordance with the company overhead and recovery requirements. Bids range up to £20M
You will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Team in fully preparing priced submissions and supporting in production of forecasts, budget information and handover packs.
You will also provide comprehensive quotations and quality bids for the products and services that they deliver as well as actively chase work tendered and secure work to meet company objectives and budgets.
- Producing accurate quotations using the current procedures and submit quotations on time, ability to undertake take off from drawings/plans and produce bill of quantities to clients satisfaction.
- Ensure information provided to allow the quote register and tender settlement sheet information to be completed for every tender submitted.
- Chase tenders submitted to determine who was successful and if our price was competitive.
- Managing relationships with customers to build customer relations and post relevant comments onto commercial diaries.
- Ensuring all contract hand over information is completed accurately and passed to the relevant department on time.
- Contribution of management information for review at monthly meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as requested by management.
- Post tender negotiation / analysis in preparation for entering new contracts
- Analysis and pricing of scheme work within existing frameworks
- Checking of measures against bills, drawings, specifications to ensure adherence and to identify risks and / or opportunities
- As a minimum, this position requires commercial and contract awareness as well as Health and Safety and environmental awareness. JCT, ICE, NEC awareness preferred.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Experience in the Soft Landscaping, Grounds Maintenance / Vegetation Management, Fencing industry is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills particularly Word, Excel.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to work to deadlines