Engineer (Civil/Mechanical/Offshore), Middlesbrough area
Due to expansion, a leading contractor is recruiting for an Engineer (Civil / Mechanical / Offshore) to work within their Engineering Team based in the Middlesbrough area
To be considered, you should be degree educated (Civil/Mechanical or Offshore) and have experience in a structural design environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading innovative business, in return you can expect a competitive employment benefit package with the opportunity to work with committed, enterprising professions who are passionate about their field of water and technology
Your primary responsibility will be to conduct studies and make technical calculations in consultation with and subject to the approval of the Senior Engineers, taking into account the client's wishes and in line with current 'Internal Engineering Instructions' and statutory norms and standards.
Duties to include:
- Contribute to finding efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
- Being able to come up with concept designs of tools and equipment for transport and installation of the components
- Design of Seafastenings for the transportation of deck components to current design codes
- Developing operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc
- Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes
- A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore engineering degree, or equivalent
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations
- Proven experience within a structural design environment providing:
- Detailed design and engineering of structures
- Solutions to project deliverables.
- Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes.
- Able to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
- Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys.
- Post-Graduate employment as an engineer for offshore structures or civil technical projects, preferably in the offshore or offshore wind sector
You should also be pro-active, decisive and a results driven person who can manage challenging projects in a structured way. In addition you should be a creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects