Electrical Field based Service Engineer, £30-36,000 plus vehicle
Due to growth, a business in North Yorkshire is recruiting for a n experienced field based service engineer (electrical) to undertake the maintenance, service and repair of industrial drainage pumping equipment throughout the assigned region. You will cover the region from Doncaster up to Newcastle
- Supporting the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework.
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework. Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
Skills / Education / Qualifications Required
- Electrically qualified to C&G 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 17th/ 18th Edition)
- ECS/ JIB Gold Skills Card Holder (preferable)
- Good knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 18th Edition.
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a PDA system and various customer management logging-in systems.
(Confined Space Training will be given once the necessary medical has been passed)
Standard hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs.
In addition evening/weekend on-call duties will be necessary on a rota basis. (one in 6 weekends approximately)
Package: Competitive basic salary, Travel Allowance-an additional £2000, Pension, Flexible benefits, 25 days holiday, Healthcare Plan, ShareSave.