We are recruiting for a Concrete Coordinator to join our clients team based in their Thirsk office.
The client is a family owned and ran business and have been established for over 4 decades.
To be successful within this role, you will have experience and a good understanding of the construction industry along with the understanding of concrete.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring our customers receive the highest standards of customer service.
- Assisting with the planning and routing of loads.
- Quality control.
- The efficient planning and shipping of a varied fleet of vehicles.
- Relief batching.
- Communicating with drivers, customers and sub-contractors.
- Dealing with and processing customer enquiries within transport management software.
- Provide quotations for customers.
- Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
- Ordering materials.
- Previous experience working within the concrete industry.
- Experience in the planning and shipping of concrete.
- Previous experience of batching concrete.
- Knowledge of testing concrete and quality control.
- A strong working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment.
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ambitious, organised and driven.
- The ability to build relationships with customers.
- Machine operator experience an advantage.
- Experience in producing concrete panels an advantage.
This job is based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire therefore please check your travelling times before you apply.