We are pleased to be assisting a longstanding client of Si Recruitment in their search for a Buyer. This role’s main purpose will be to create value for the business and stakeholders through developing purchasing processes that will achieve best quality, cost, lead time and delivery performance.
- Supplier quotation management obtaining best quality, cost, and delivery performance to meet the needs of the business.
- Forecast, plan, execute and expedite just time in time orders and deliveries to support business, working capital and cash flow management requirements.
- Challenge current cost base, identifying and executing improvement / cost reduction opportunities to achieve targets.
- Support in development and implementation of commodity plans to achieve the needs of the business.
- Investigate and resolve supplier order and invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Report supplier performance in respect of quality, cost and delivery of goods and services.
- Actively partake in the ongoing development of the business ERP MRP and procurements systems processes.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Provide timely feedback to line leader/supervisor/manager on any delivery, cost, technical and or quality issues that arise.
What we need from you:
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Buyer in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal/external teams and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture
- Full and current UK driving license
The hours for this position are 40 per week, worked Monday – Friday.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click ‘apply’ or for more details please contact Katie Kendall in the Northallerton Office.