I am working with a long standing client of Si Recruitment as they are recruiting for a Materials Buyer to join their business based in central Thirsk.
As the Materials Buyer you will have Involvement in the research and selection of new suppliers, evaluating production capacity, reliability of deliveries and financial strength whilst working closely with the accounts teams.
- Monitoring of the appointed supplier base and rationalisation of the same taking into consideration the business blueprint
- Identify quality standards and ensure all products meet those standards
- Analyse offers and identify purchase prices, with the responsibility of negotiating the terms of supply contracts
- Implement cost reduction strategies
- Work with internal teams, in particular R&D and Marketing, researching and procuring of new components / services
- Participate proactively in ‘product development’ activities by collaborating with other entities
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role within the Procurement / Supply Chain / Operations functions
- Knowledge of market analysis techniques
- In depth knowledge of commodities and processing cycles
- Analytical attitude and rationality
- Ability to deal with the purchase conditions
- Good aptitude for communication and for identifying negotiation styles
- Good knowledge of Office packages, i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please contact Katie Kendall in the Northallerton office.