We are currently representing an firm of Chartered Accountants based in Hull who are looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team.
The role will involve:
- Processing of transactions (including purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger, payroll journals, bank posting and reconciliations, credit cards and petty cash)
- Reconciliations (of bank accounts, credit cards, PAYE/NIC and wages, petty cash and VAT)
- Calculation and posting of depreciation from asset registers, accruals, prepayments and accrued income
- Preparation of VAT returns for submission to HMRC
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries
- Preparation of management accounts
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on client service and working to deadlines. With an attention to detail, you will be required to work to time budgets and communicate directly with clients, as well as with the client manager internally.
To be considered for the role you must have a minimum of 2 years experience at a UK based firm of Chartered Accountants.