My client, a forward-thinking and progressive firm of Chartered Accountants are recruiting for an Assistant Managing Accountant to join their team.
The work is carried out either remotely (using software such as Receipt Bank and Xero or Quickbooks Online) or sometimes at the clients’ sites depending on their requirements. Where attendance at clients' sites are required, this will be across the North East, COVID restrictions permitting.
The key duties of the role are:
- Preparing management accounts for owner-managed business
- Reviewing management accounts prepared by others in the team
- Undertaking some management accounting project work
- Review and submission of VAT returns
- Speaking with clients to resolve queries
- Liaising with the accounts and audits teams
- Be part ACCA/ACA qualified or ACA/ACCA qualified
- Relevant accounts experience and understanding
- Experience of preparing management accounts, prepayments and accruals
- Experience of preparing VAT returns and knowledge of allowable/disallowable items
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Experience of using Receipt Bank, Xero and/or QuickBooks Online knowledge would be an advantage, but full training can be provided
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
We will provide full study support for ACA/ACCA if the successful candidate is part qualified.
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. We offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care and various health and wellbeing initiatives. We also offer the ability to accrue TOIL and we pay for professional subscriptions.