Are you available to start in a new role at short notice?
Do you have strong financial management, budgeting and planning experience?
Our client is looking for an experienced and ideally qualified Finance Manager to join their team on an initial fixed term basis for 6 months but it is likely that the role could go permanent for the right candidate.
A mixture of home and office working is available to the successful candidate!
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Support the Finance Manager in the development and maintenance of the Investment Plan and Medium Term Financial Plan.
2. Support and influence the development and delivery of the Group’s efficiency programmes and monitor their delivery.
3. Provide financial advice and support to a range of complex corporate development projects and initiatives. Develop and evaluate options, determine long term sustainable solutions and safeguard the interests of the Combined Authority and its subsidiaries.
4. Provision of financial support and advice to Service and Project Managers.
5. The preparation of the budget for the Service Area in line with Corporate standards and timescales.
6. Plan, organise and manage the budget monitoring control process for the Service Area in line with agreed risks and standards.
7. Analyse trends and develop forecasts using budget and activity data to inform and influence.
8. Assist in the preparation of the Statement of Accounts within legislative timescales and format, completing all statutory returns, questionnaires & statistics.
9. Support treasury management activity around investment and borrowing in line with the strategy and, control and monitoring of VAT.