We are currently seeking to employ an experienced Accounts Payable Administrator on behalf of our client in Darlington (DL1).
As a key part of the Finance team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Purchase Ledger, including the invoice processing and ongoing process and controls improvements. The Accounts Payable Administrator will also have a key part to play in assisting with the month end close.
Key responsibilities include:
- Purchase invoice processing, matching and payments
- Be the Key Contact with Suppliers dealing with queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Administration of the Accounts Payable inbox ensuring all mail is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Reconciling supplier statements and accounts.
- Ensuring all purchase ledger transactions processed ahead of Purchase Ledger close to meet month end reporting timeline.
- Ensuring all financial transactions are processed in line with financial controls.
- Monitoring of open purchase orders and liaising with site leads to close where appropriate
- Liaising with the Procurement Manager to on-board new Suppliers ensuring Due Diligence checks followed and approved.
- Provision of financial support to other departments, including preparation of any bespoke financial reports as required.
- Cover for other activities as required due to peak workload or absence.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by their line manager.
To be the right candidate for this position you will have previous Accounts Payable experience.
On offer is a salary of up to £23,000 per annum depending on experience, with a holiday entitlement of 33 days a year (including bank holidays).
Other benefits include:
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Recognition and Reward scheme.
- Cycle 2 Work scheme.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Company events.
- A welcoming and friendly office environment with refreshments provided free of charge.
- Training & development opportunities.
This is a full time permanent position Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, 40 hours per week
Sound like the job for you? We look forward to receiving your application soon!